Astec has multipurpose production facilities at 2 locations.
- Dombivli (50km from Mumbai)
- Mahad - 2 plants ( 180 kms from Mumbai)
They are multi-purpose plants based on 3000 litres to 20,000 litres glasslined and stainless steel reactors. Typcial reactors sizes are 10,000 lts.
- The pilot plant has glass and SS vessels of 50 litres to 500 litres capacity.
- Reactions can be carried out from minus 20o C to 250o C. Distillation upto 300o C
- Vacuum down to 1mm Hg.
- Distillation systems can handle high melting solids.
- High efficiency fractionating columns upto 40 theoretical plates are available.
- Facilities are designed to handle a number of corrosive and hazardous raw materials.
These enable Astec to produce quantities ranging from a few kilograms to hundreds of tonnes as required.
All production processes are backed by a Quality Assurance System which is ISO 9001:2000 certified.